Choosing a childcare for the first time can be a daunting task, but with a simple check-list it can be made a lot easier. This simple 7 point check list may help you:
- Does the childcare have a safe, stimulating and clean environment?
- Are there play areas that are developmentally appropriate for between younger and older children?
- Are the rooms clean, well presented and have air conditioning?
- Is the Director and educators welcoming, friendly and caring?
- What type of Educational Program do they offer?
- Is it in a convenient location for my day to day activities?
- What is a typical day for my child. E.g. meals, sleep times, etc?